If you are currently unable to make or receive calls on your telephone handset, follow these simple steps:
- Check your equipment is set up properly and plugged in securely
- Try another phone in the same socket to see if it’s the phone that’s faulty. Try a corded phone if you’ve been using a cordless one
- Make sure your ringer is on and at a volume you can hear
- If you’re using cordless phones, make sure they’re charged
- Can you hear any tones when you press your telephone’s keypad? No tones could indicate a problem with the keypad
If you are still unable to make or receive calls, grab a small screwdriver and follow these steps:
- Remove the two small screws on the front of your line box
- Carefully pull away the bottom half of the socket to reveal the test socket in the bottom right-hand side
- Now plug a phone you know is currently working into the test socket behind the face plate
- Check the line by calling your home number from a mobile phone, or by calling a number from you land line
If you still have the same problem in the test socket, you can call our customer service team on: 01983 242424 who can run a line test and arrange for one of our engineers to attend.
Please bear in mind that you’ll have to pay a charge of £45 if the engineer finds the problem is with your set-up or equipment.