10 Days Until Bens Imperial March For The Joe Ellis Trust
It’s now just ten days until Ben Allen undertakes his gruelling 7 day hike in aid of the Joe Ellis Trust! Ben will be setting off at 11:00 am on the 9th of July from outside Costa in Newport. Come along to see your favorite Star Wars characters, including Darth Vader. Ben has also invited his fellow Islanders along for the first leg:
‘CALLING ALL FELLOW WALKERS.
We set off from St James Square on July 9th for the first leg of my March, would YOU like to take part? The first leg to Yarmouth is approximately 13 miles long and will be over country paths and windy roads, taking in some great views from the first part of Tennyson down. If you’d like to join me and Simon and a few of my Star Wars pals, either comment below or send me a message. We’ll provide water and a high vis vest for safety. Any amount of support is welcome, whether 1 mile or 13.’
– Ben Allen (Posted to Facebook 10am 29/06/2106)
In the weeks leading up to the challenge, Ben has been selling merchandise and organising and attending several events. Last Friday a charity gig was held at Newport club Zanzibar and the following day Ben and his Star Wars troop were star attraction at the Joe Ellis Trust fundraising day. In addition to any profit made from events, Bens target is also being helped along by individuals on a daily basis – such as his Mum’s tattoo by Ian White (known as Whiteee) of Tainted Skin (left and beow)!
When we last spoke to Ben, he expressed his thanks to Wightfibre for their involvment:
Wightfibre have been fantastic in regards to helping promote my adventure. After helping the UKSA charity Star Wars premier in December, I was keen to get Wightfibre involved again, as they have a passion and belief in the Isle of Wight community, which includes my chosen charity, the Joe Ellis Trust – Ben Allen
There are many ways that you too can support Ben:
- Buy a T-shirt from him – Ben has several t-shirts left for last minute buyers, so don’t miss out! (Message Ben or catch him at the departure event)
- Attend Bens departure event outside Costa, Newport on the 9th of July from 11am. (*Shhh* Darth Vader will be there to support him too!)
- Pledge an amount to Bens Imperial March on his Just Giving page
- Walk with Ben for the first part of his hike, which is Newport to Yarmouth, for as far or as little as you like.
- SHARE! Sharing Bens hard work is one of the easiest and most effective ways that you can support Ben and The Joe Ellis Trust.