We're proud to be part of Isle of Wight Pride this month as a Rainbow Sponsor. The main event takes place on the 21st of July in Ryde and we'll be there in the parade and main arena to show our support!
At WightFibre, we look after your details carefully. We adhere strictly to the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation of 2018 and we’re also registered on the public register of data controllers which is looked after by the Information Commissioner.
Information we collect
This is what we normally collect about you to help us provide you with our services, and improve them even more, where we can:
- Name, address, email, telephone number, payment details and service details;
- Information collected using cookies stored on your device(s) about your use of our online services and third party online services;
- Information about your use of WightFibre services, including call, usage and billing, viewing
- Other data, from time to time, to help us resolve faults with your service and provide you with improved products and services, for example now and again we might ask you to fill in a questionnaire just so you can let us know how we’re doing.
We may supplement the information that we collect from you and about your use of the services with information that we receive from third parties.
Using your information
Collecting this information helps us better understand what you need from us. We use it to offer you products and services that we think will suit you down to the ground and attempt to improve your browsing and shopping experience with us. The main uses of your data to:
- Help provide your services;
- Provide you with service information and updates;
- Provide access to privileged areas of our online services;
- Administer contests and competitions and personalise your visits to our online services;
- Enable us to review, develop and improve our products, services and special offers;
- Occasionally carry out market research;
- Send you details of products, services, special offers and rewards that we think will be of interest to you. However, we hate junk mail as much as you do so it’s up to you to decide whether or not you want to receive this information;
- Improve and develop the services;
- Prevent or detect a crime, fraud or misuse of, or damage to our network, and to investigate where we believe any of these have occurred
Disclosing your information
Here’s when we may provide information about you:
- To employees and agents of WightFibre to deal with any accounts, products and services provided to you by WightFibre or our group companies now or in the future.
- With your agreement, to other WightFibre companies (e.g. WightFibre Atlantic), whose products and services may be of interest to you.
- To search the files of a credit reference agency, which will keep a record of that search, when you apply for service. Additionally, details of how you conduct your account may also be disclosed to the agency. This information may be used by other organisations in assessing applications from you and members of your household.
- We may use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring usage of our services in order to help us develop our services, and may provide such aggregate information to third parties, for example, content partners and advertisers. These statistics do not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
We will not pass on your personal information to third parties except in accordance with this policy and our Terms and Conditions or where we are required to disclose that information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements.
Protecting your information
Any information sent to us is protected using robust security methods. The methods we use are industry-standard ensuring data is safeguarded whilst being sent over unprotected communications paths such as the internet. When it reaches us, we store it securely and only provide access to it by those authorised. Although we safeguard your personal information once received, WightFibre cannot guarantee the safety of any personal information you transmit to us using online methods.
We will never ask you for your WightFibre identification, authentication passwords or PIN numbers directly associated with your WightFibre account in any unsolicited phone calls or unsolicited emails. In accordance with our Terms and Conditions, you are responsible for keeping your password and PIN secure and we very strongly recommend you do not disclose them to anyone (unless you wish to authorise them to access your account and potentially incur charges on your account).
How long do we hold your information?
The time period for which we keep information varies according to what the information is used for. Unless there is a specific legal requirement for us to keep information, we will keep your information for as long as it is relevant and useful for the purpose for which it was collected (and which you agreed to). For example, when you contact us we may monitor and record your communications with us to use this information for training and quality purposes, and to meet our legal and regulatory requirements. Where we record calls, these call recordings are only held for a limited period of time before we delete them permanently.
We will continue to hold information about you if you do not become our customer, your application is declined or after you have closed your account or terminated your services with us. We will only hold such information for such periods as is necessary for the purpose of dealing with enquiries, offering TalkTalk products and services you may be interested in, complying with any legal obligation and for crime and fraud prevention and detection.
The law requires us to keep certain information about how you use our services for a period of 12 months. This information may be used by certain law enforcement agencies to prevent and detect crime and to protect national security. We will only disclose this information to them when we are legally required to.
Accessing Your Information
The General Data Protection Act entitles you find out what information we hold about you. If you want to find out what information we hold you will need to submit a request in writing to The Data Controller, WightFibre, Communications House, 56 Love Lane, Cowes, Isle of Wight, PO31 7EU or email Data.Controller@WightFibre.com.
We may ask you to provide us with proof of your identity to make sure we are giving your information to the right person.
To help us process your request you will need to provide the following information:
• account number(s);
• telephone number(s);
• address; and
• date and time (if requesting a call recording).
If any of your information is incorrect or your personal details have changed you can either:
• notify us in writing, and we will update your details; or
• call us. If any of the details are incorrect, let us know and we’ll amend them right away.
Right to be Forgotten.
If you no longer have a contract with Wightfibre, and we have no legal requirement to retain your personal information, you may also request your information to be deleted, under the GDPR Right to be Forgotten. If you want to be forgotten you will need to submit a request in writing to The Data Controller, WightFibre, Communications House, 56 Love Lane, Cowes, Isle of Wight, PO31 7EU or email Data.Controller@WightFibre.com. We will endeavour to action such requests in 30 working days.
Marketing our products and services
We will automatically contact you with regard to your services, for example, with updates to your services, service disruption messages or bill payments.
We may also, subject to your consent, use your personal information to contact you with information about special offers and rewards. Additionally, we may, subject to your consent, disclose your personal information to other WightFibre companies so that they can contact you with information about their products and services. But don’t worry, your details won’t be shared with companies outside the WightFibre group for marketing purposes without your consent.
If you have given us the consent referred to above, then from time to time, we may contact you by mail, telephone, email, other electronic messaging services (such as text, voice, sound or image messages including using automated calling systems) or fax with information about our products and services (including discounts and special offers).
If you wish to receive information and offers from us and you have not previously given us your consent, let us know by calling us on 01982 24 24 24.
If you’re already receiving information about special offers and rewards from us then don’t worry, you don’t need to do anything. We’ll assume that you’re happy to continue receiving information unless we hear from you.
However if you no longer wish to receive such information from us, please let us know by calling us on 01983 24 24 24. or writing to us at WightFibre, Communications House, 56 Love Lane, Cowes, Isle of Wight, PO31 7EU.
Links from this site to other sites.
Please be aware that our site may provide access to other web sites by linking to them. We are not responsible for the data policies (including data protection and cookies), content or security of these linked websites.
For queries regarding WightFibre’s services, please call our team on 01983 24 24 24 or dial 150 from a WightFibre phone line.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information you should write to The Data Controller, WightFibre, Communications House, 56 Love Lane, Cowes, Isle of Wight, PO31 7EU.