Careers at WightFibre
WightFibre’s new full-fibre network is making the Isle of Wight one of the best connected places in the world. We are proud of this work and we are passionate about helping to make the island a great place to work, live and play.
Our company ethos is “because we care”. We care about our customers, our employees and our island community. To work at WightFibre it is important that you too care about these things so that we can continue to deliver amazing broadband and outstanding customer service. We are looking for team players who will always think of our customers first and who want to give back to our island community.
We want WightFibre to be a great place to work. Benefits include free gym membership, entry into the Isle of Wight lottery, well supported pension, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and a significantly discounted friends and family broadband package.
Support Services Administrator
We have an opportunity for a Support Services Administrator to join the team working on one of the Isle of Wight’s largest infrastructure projects.
We are looking for someone with excellent administrative skills, the ability to prioritise their workload with a multitude of tasks as well as the ability to communicate with a range of people of all levels under pressure.
In this exciting and varied role no day will be the same, offering a high level of job satisfaction from start to completion of this vitally important project.
If you are an ambitious project assistant or experienced administrator looking for a challenge our client is offering a superb working environment, a competitive salary, and your chance to make your mark within the established and highly talented team.
The ideal candidates will have:
- Excellent and proven Administrative skills.
- Experience and knowledge of project co-ordination.
- High level of competence with Microsoft office software e.g. Excel, Word.
- Ability to own a task from end to end.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload and adhere to deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
We continue to thrive as a very successful brand, giving you the opportunity to join our friendly but highly professional team and really show your skills and experience.
Apply via Isle of Wight Jobs
Customer Service Representative
We have an opportunity for a dynamic and ambitious Customer Service Representative. We’re looking for people who have a genuine passion for customer service; natural problems solvers who like nothing more than achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction with a thirst for continuous career development. With a fantastic working environment and a well-established and highly talented team in place we have a reputation for providing the very best levels of service to our customers so you need to be inquisitive and patient as you would be answering enquiries from a diverse and wide range of Island people. Supporting the Customer Services Manager, you would be responsible for dealing with customers through different channels of communication including over the phone, web chat and social media.
Apply via Isle of Wight Jobs
We have an opportunity for a dynamic and ambitious in bound Sales Advisor to join the team at one of the Isle of Wight’s best known and reputable brands.
We’re looking for people who have a genuine passion for sales and like nothing more than achieving the highest level of customer satisfaction with a thirst for continuous career development and of course commission!
With a fantastic working environment and a well-established highly talented team in place we have a reputation for integrity and unrivalled customer satisfaction so you need to be inquisitive and patient as you would be answering sales enquiries from a diverse range of local people and businesses.
On offer is uncapped commission with excellent on target earnings, a competitive basic salary and the chance to be part of the future at our rapidly growing Island based company.
This highly satisfying and rewarding role would suit someone with an inquisitive and patient approach to sales whilst being confident in the knowledge that the products offered would suit each and every customer’s requirements both now and in the future.
The ideal candidates will have:
- A confident, inquisitive, and helpful phone manner
- Experience of either consumer of business-to-business sales
- A proactive and consultative approach to sales
- The ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative
- Capable of completing tasks and meeting objectives and deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A commitment to personal and professional development
This company continues to thrive as a very successful brand, giving you the opportunity to join their friendly but highly professional team and really show your skills and experience.
Apply via Isle of Wight Jobs
Digital Inclusion Officer
The role is Digital Inclusion Officer, reporting to the Customer Service Manager
This role is to lead, develop and deliver WightFibre’s Community Partnership programme, to support WightFibre’s more vulnerable customers and the broader Island community to become more digitally enabled.
Develop and Deliver the Community Partnership programme by:
- Identifying potential community hubs in localities where the full-fibre network is available
- Identify the need for digital activity within the community
- Work with WightFibre departments to connect ‘community hubs’ to the full-fibre network
- Run ‘Care in the community’ activities connected with these community hubs, such as drop-in sessions
- Deliver training to customers and residents in group settings or on a ‘one to one’ basis’
- Develop key relationships with the client group and relevant project partners/organisations.
- Help people to make informed choices about digital technology
- Create supporting collateral where appropriate
- Carry out service impact/monitoring as required
- Contribute towards the development of the programme, attending meetings and carrying out presentations as requested.
- Participate in personal development when identified and, where relevant, work towards qualifications deemed as essential for the job role.
- Identify new opportunities for WightFibre to support customers and residents to become more digitally enabled
- Embed scam prevention into all digital activities, working to help prevent clients falling for scams and supporting those who have been victims of scams
- Contribute towards training sessions for internal users.
- Develop relationships in the community to support sales acquisition and work with the sales teams to convert these
- Work in line with company policy and procedures.
Partnership working with Age UKIW:
- To promote a strong relationship between Age UKIW and Wightfibre
- Be an active member of the Age Friendly Island Steering group
- Act as a liaison for Wightfibre staff, supporting clients they may be concerned about, referring to appropriate services such as Age UKIW
- Find opportunities for Age UKIW Digital Volunteers to become in the new Community Partnership programme
- Develop opportunities for future partnership working
- Ability to prioritise and organise work and meet deadlines
- Ability to follow policies and procedures
- Ability to provide a high level of Customer Service
- Ability to have an adaptable and flexible working approach
- Willingness to, at times, work outside of normal office hours, as required by the needs of the post
- Good standard of general education, IT literate and a high level of competency in the use of digital technology
- A full driving licence and access to a vehicle
- Experience of delivering training in group settings and on a ‘one to one’ basis
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, and the ability to write reports and make presentations to a large audience
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and within a line management structure, seeking guidance and support when required
- Able to work on own initiative
- Ability to build partnerships and professional relationships.
- Prior experience of maintaining working with customers particularly vulnerable and less able customers
- Good interpersonal skills
- Competent with the technical aspects of consumer electronics – smart phones, tablets, smart TVs, gaming consoles
- Competent user of Microsoft Office software
- Good English and Match GCSE as a minimum
Competitive salary depending on experience and skills
What We Are Looking For
Your CV will tell a credible story that shows experiences and proven success at your previous roles even where these are less relevant to this role.
WightFibre has a strong customer care, employee care and team working ethos. We are passionate about making the Isle of Wight one of the best connected places to live and work in the world.
We will consider candidates with less experience but who can demonstrate a passion for customer care and helping the more vulnerable members of our Island community.
This role might also suit a more senior candidate looking for a career change or improved work/life balance
Only candidates living on the Isle of Wight will be considered.
More details and to Apply via Isle of Wight Jobs