Last year, some very special members of our community were recognised and thanked for their inspirational actions, including Overall Local Hero of 2015 Martin Poynter, an Isle of Wight firefighter who sadly passed away in 2015 after a sudden illness. This year, Wightfibre are once again proud sponsors of the Isle of Wight Radio Local Hero Awards and you have another chance to nominate someone who’s made a difference to yours and others lives by going above and beyond.
Isle of Wight Radio’s Local Hero Awards 2016 Sponsored by Wightfibre
Do you know someone who deserves to be recognised for their commitment, hard work and selflessness?
This year there are ten categories that you can nominate your Local Hero for:
- Overall Local Hero Award sponsored by Wightfibre
- Best Neighbour Award sponsored by Marvins Property Sales and Rentals
- Inspirational Leader Award sponsored by In-Flight Peripherals
- Make a Difference in the Community Award sponsored by Island Roads
- Sporting Achiever Award sponsored by Premier Ford
- Inspirational Young Person Award sponsored by HTP Training
- Customer Service Award sponsored by Jewsons
- Tourism Ambassador Award sponsored by Hovertravel
- Volunteer Award sponsored by the Earl Mountbatten Hospice
- Carer Award sponsored by Charmes Care
This is the third year Wightfibre have sponsored Isle of Wight Radio’s Local Heroes Awards.
“Wightfibre takes great pride in being part of our Island community and in doing the best we can to give the Island the fastest possible broadband, great TV and the best possible service. At Wightfibre we care about our customers.
It makes perfect sense, therefore, for Wightfibre to join with Isle of Wight Radio to recognise other people on the island who also care and who go the extra mile in their contribution to the community. These are our Local Heroes. It reflects Wightfibre’s company ethos of ‘going the extra mile’ for our customers.” – WightFibre CEO, John Irvine
More details of the awards coming soon.