October’s Top 5 FREE Apps
Google have been releasing some very exciting apps recently. Google Allo is their most recent release which has been designed to rival Whatsapp. The app claims to offer more ways to interact with your friends, features include:
- Smart Reply – Respond to messages without typing a single word. Smart Reply learns over time and suggests responses to text and photos, in your style.
- Ink – Allows you to doodle or add text to photos before sending them.
- Stickers – There are hundreds of stickers available to use in Google Allo chats, which are designed by independent artists.
- SHOUT or whisper – With one quick swipe, you can change the size of the font that your friend will see, allowing you to express your feelings more clearly without using capital letters.
- Meet your personal Google Assistant – Google Allo includes the preview edition of their new Google Assistant (like Apple’s ‘Siri’). You can add your assistant to an existing conversation or ask it questions one-on-one.
- Incognito mode – Just like Whatsapp, messages are sent with end-to-end encryption. You can also use private notifications to help keep your chats discreet and control how long you keep messages before they expire.
Scooby Doo has joined the popular Panda Pop Saga! The aim of this addictive puzzle game is to free the baby pandas – a menacing baboon has kidnapped & trapped the panda pups and hidden them in the jungle. There are over one thousand levels and it’s your task to blast, match, and pop bubbles to help beat the baboon & return the panda cubs to their worried mother.
This is a challenging puzzle game in which you must use the power of the ‘elements’ to help you in your Panda Pop quest. Earn amazing bubble shooter power-ups to help free the pups and save and combine them for even greater effects.
Have you ever wanted to post the perfect response to a friend on Facebook or even feature in your own ‘meme’? This app has over 700 high-quality ‘memes’ with example phrases or you can even use your phone’s camera gallery. ‘Memes’ which you create using this app can be saved to your device or shared directly to social media.
A great feature of this ‘meme’ generator is that it has a very large selection of photo stickers to choose from as well as borders. Text can be small or large and whatever colour you choose it to be. What we love about this app is that there are no watermarks on your images, even though it is free to use. Download this now to tickle your friends – and who knows, your ‘meme’ could go viral!
With this app you can play Snake like it is 1997 on your modern-day smart phone. Complete with dot-matrix display, this emulator includes a choice of old Nokia phones such as the 3310 and 3210 + features monotone sounds.
We found that the controls on this game were almost as good as playing the game on a key-pad and it is still as addictive as when it was first released.
*Tip* Don’t forget that in Snake 2 you can leave the edge of the screen and re-enter the other side (we did!)
This app is absolutely fantastic for those of us that make regular use of the ‘snooze’ function on our alarms. Alarmy has actually been named ‘World’s Most Annoying Alarm’! What makes this app so special is the choices you have to dismiss your alarm:
- Photo Mode – set a place in your home where the alarm dismissal will be triggered. Whether it’s a photo of your toilet or kettle, Alarmy will not stop ringing until you’re out of bed and taking a picture of your set place!
- Shake Mode – As you can tell from the title, you disable this alarm by shaking your phone.
- Math Problem Mode – Incredibly annoying but very effective. Dismiss your alarm by solving a simple (but challenging enough) maths question.
Join us on Facebook or Twitter and let us know what apps you enjoying using or playing over your super fast Wightfibre connection!